Manoj Kumar Nambiar
Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer
About Manoj Kumar Nambiar
About Manoj Kumar Nambiar
Manoj Nambiar is Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of IntelleCash.
Manoj has over 23 years of progressive consumer finance/retail banking experience starting with Modi Xerox, GE Countrywide, ANZ Grindlays Bank and ABN Amro Bank in India and then across Oman, UAE, Egypt & Saudi Arabia as Head of Retail Banking with National Bank of Oman, COO of the Nissan (Alhamrani) finance company in the KSA and most recently as Dy CEO of Ahli Bank in Oman. Manoj is a mechanical engineer from VJTI, Mumbai and a management post graduate from JBIMS, Mumbai. He also has tertiary qualifications in insurance.
IntelleCash's vision is "To be a world class company creating significant social impact in India and overseas while generating double bottom line returns to our investors and other stakeholders".
IntelleCash started off in 2007 as an incubator of start-up microfinance institutions in India. Over the years, IntelleCash has evolved into a company which creates enabling ecosystems for MFIs through its:
- incubation/capacity building services which enhance efficiency and cost effectiveness of partner MFIs;
- debt and equity infusions into partner MFIs to help them scale rapidly
- a retail lending base with an R&D focus to offer new product/process innovations to customers and partners.
IntelleCash is a subsidiary of the leading advisory firm Intellecap that works at the intersection of the private sector and development institutions. It provides consulting and investment banking services driven by innovative thought processes to Business and Development communities globally, helping them bring entrepreneurship solutions to development challenges at the Base of the Pyramid and beyond.
- Incubated/capacity built 29 MFI partners (24 in India and 5 in Africa/ SE Asia). Along with its partners, IntelleCash has reached out to over 500,000 end microfinance customers, with over USD 100 mn in cummulative disbursements.
- Currently operating in Bihar, one of the poorest states in India, and committed to expanding to other low income states in India
Impact Objectives (by 2017):
- To incubate/capacity build over 100 MFIs in India and overseas, and through them, achieve a customer outreach of greater than 5 mn.
- To expand operations to atleast 5 low income states in India
- To create a customer outreach of 500,000 customers through direct lending
- To introduce atleast 25 new product and process innovations